- Connectors are linking words and phrases which join ideas and help us organize our writing.
- They can be used for giving examples, listing or sequencing, giving reason, expressing contrast, etc.
- Here you can see some examples:
Furthermore, optical discs are not affected by magnetic fields. (addition)
However, they are very different in internal structure and data capacity. (contrast)
As a result, a CD can hold 650-700MB (result), whereas a basic DVD can hold 4.7GB. (contrast)
In addition, a DVD can be double-sided and dual layer. (addition)
- There are many other examples of connectors: indicating addition (moreover, besides, and), used for making contrasts (although, but, on the other hand), explaining the results or the effects of something (so, thus, consequently, because)
- If you need a more detailed explanation, you can click this LINK.