Big Ben and the English Parliament (London)

Friday, October 28, 2011

Test Unit 1 November 4th


Next Friday, on November 4th, you'll take the exam on Unit 1. These are the contents:

 VOCABULARY:  - Countries & Nationalities
                                 - The Family

 GRAMMAR: - Present Simple of To Be (Affirmative, Negative, Questions and Short Answers)
                          - Possessive Adjectives
                          - Subject Pronouns
                          - Question Words

 SPEAKING & WRITING: - Describing yourself
                                                - Information about a famous person
                                                - My favourites

Remember to check PAGE 16 of your Student's Book, and revise all the exercises we've done in class.
To help you revise, you can do these online activities:



*Here you have the answers for page 18 Student's Book:
Ex. 1
a) Japanese N b) Britain C c) American N d) Canada C e) Moroccan N f) France C g) Spanish N        h) Irish N
Ex. 2
a) Derek b) Margaret c) Dave d) Gemma e) Jamie f) Irene g) Ron
Ex. 3
a) are b) 'm c) isn't d) is e)aren't f) are
Ex. 4
a) Where are you from? b) Is Shakira from France? c) How old is Simon? d) What is your name?
e) How are you?
Ex. 5
1e 2b 3a 4d 5c
Ex. 6
I/my you/your he/his she/her it/its we/our you/your they/their
Ex.7
a) I b)They c) Her d) Their e) They f) Our

            Have a nice holiday, see  you on Wednesday!!

8 comments:

  1. My name is Sue. I am English. And this is my family.
    My mum's name is Angie. She is from Germany.
    Bob is my dad. He is a waiter.
    On the left you can see Simon. He is my brother.
    We are twins.
    Our dog is a girl, Judy. She is two years old.
    We live in Canterbury.
    It is not far from London.
    My grandparents live in London. They often come and see us.
    What can you tell me about your family?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Where are your friends now?
    Here is a postcard from my friend Peggy.
    She lives in Australia now with her family.
    Her husband works in Newcastle.
    His company builds ships.
    Their children go to school in Newcastle.
    My husband and I want to go to Australia, too.
    We want to see Peggy and her family next winter.
    Our winter!
    Because it is their summer.
    By:Naef 1ªG

    ReplyDelete
  3. 1) What do you like best?
    2) When does Bill get up in the morning?
    3) Why don't you go by bus, Max?
    4) What hobbies does Andrew have?
    5) Where do they go to every week?
    6) How old is Mike?
    7) When is Susan's birthday?
    8) Where are my exercise books?
    9) What are you doing at the moment, Sally?
    10) How do the Robinsons live?
    By:Naef 1ªG

    ReplyDelete
  4. 1. My name James.

    2. Mary the secretary.

    3. John and Lucy at school.

    4. I a student.

    5. The boys in the garden.

    6. He a lawyer.

    7. Susie a housewife.

    8. She a student.

    9. They my friends.

    10. You a student.
    By:Naef

    ReplyDelete
  5. This book mine.
    Jane and Peter married.
    That right.
    My brother here at the moment.
    We in England.
    It Monday today.
    Jennie's surname Peters.
    I a hairdresser.
    My name Alexander.
    There many people in this class.
    By:Naef 1ªG

    ReplyDelete
  6. 1) Is this your apple?
    2) Are you happy?
    3) Is your name Josephine?
    4) Are the comics old?
    5) Is Charlie in your class?
    6) Is your sandwich box blue?
    7) Are they German?
    8) Is the chair red?
    9) Am I late?
    10) Are the kids clever?
    By:Naef 1ªG

    ReplyDelete
  7. 1) Are you from England? - Yes, I am.
    2) Is she nice? - Yes, she is.
    3) Are the friends at school? - Yes, they are.
    4) Is the dog in the garden? - Yes, it is.
    5) Are you 12? - No, I am not.
    6) Is your school bag black? - Yes, it is.
    7) Is he a teacher? - Yes, he is.
    8) Are your parents from Italy? - No, they are not.
    9) Are we students? - Yes, we are.
    10) Am I your friend? - Yes, you are.
    By:Naef 1ªG

    ReplyDelete
  8. My name is Sue. I am English. And this is my family.
    My mum's name is Angie. She is from Germany.
    Bob is my dad. He is a waiter.
    On the left you can see Simon. He is my brother.
    We are twins.
    Our dog is a girl, Judy. She is two years old.
    We live in Canterbury.
    It is not far from London.
    My grandparents live in London. They often come and see us.
    What can you tell me about your family?
    By:Naef 1ºG

    ReplyDelete